Technical Support Advice
There are lots of software specialist positions available for qualified professionals with the right set of skills, experience, and a compelling professional cover letter. The cover letter examples we’ve created can help you write or enhance your current software specialist cover letter, so that you can land more interviews and improve your chances of getting the job you want. Simply click on one of the template designs below to get started on your own job-winning cover letter right away!
Cover Letter Tips for Technical Support
If it’s taking you a while to find jobs as a Technical Support, it may be that you haven’t been going about it in the most effective way. These strategies are compiled from the advice of experts and are meant to help you be successful in your job search.
1. A highly polished and organized cover letter will really take you a long way. Make sure you have a cover letter that uses all the best practices and is completely free of errors.
2. Online job banks are a type of resource you should use. They contain many different job opportunities.
3. A strong network is key to success. Any contacts you know in the field are helpful resources.
4. Be persistent by using all methods at your disposal. Having a presence on social media could be your ticket to getting contacted by a job recruiter.
5. Follow up on every job lead. Don’t just assume you didn’t get the job if you don’t get a call back. Taking the extra effort to let a company know you are still interested may be what gets you the job.
Technical Support Job Seeking Tips
One of the tips mentioned in the previous section had to do with having a strong final version of your cover letter for your job search. A great cover letter really is an important part of finding jobs as a Technical Support. The following tips go into more detail about how to write an excellent cover letter.
1. If you have even some college education, then any statements that you graduated high school or obtained a GED are extraneous. Include these if your only education is from high school.
2. It’s okay to list sports teams or organizations you are affiliated with. These can show teamwork and the drive to work for a cause. Make sure to highlight any positions of responsibility or leadership you have held.
3. There is no need to list references on your cover letter. You do not even need to say references available upon request. ” This is something that a potential employer will ask you for if they are looking for it.
4. The skills to emphasize are transferable skills, such as good customer service, team leadership, organizational skills, etc. Including these general skills can be just as important as including more specific training.
5. Double and triple check to make sure your cover letter has no grammatical mistakes. You should have someone else read your cover letter for you. Never rely on autocorrect!
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Desktop Support cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Desktop Support cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Dear Mr. Herbert Cooper:
As a Senior Desktop Support Technician, I have over 10 years of broad experience in systems management, database, server and help desk management. I have led complex IT infrastructure and conversion projects and achieved noteworthy process improvements for companies in various industries. I am a strong technical leader with the ability to successfully build teams to achieve the highest levels of client satisfaction. I currently hold several certifications including CNE, CNA, A+ Technician, and MCP.
Seeking to contribute to an organization such as yours as Desktop Support, I have included my resume for your consideration.
A sample of my many achievements includes:
- Served as the only IT Specialist on site, managed all new hires/fires, service calls, PC installs, moves, adds, changes, and network connectivity. Ensured 100% system availability.
- Received an Award of Distinction and monetary bonus for Superior Performance.
- Spearheaded a large scale project to convert sales, billing, and customer service programs to an internet based system. Designed and facilitated employee training in 2 office locations.
- Streamlined operations through implementation of a new multi-PC imaging station, that was adopted enterprise wide. A single monitor/keyboard could remotely image up to 16 PCs at a time, resulting in increased productivity.
- Coordinated all technical services for various system and departmental moves, ensuring data integrity and client satisfaction.
- Collaborated with lines of business across the company in order to schedule and complete PC upgrades with minimal user downtime.
I am a strong analytical thinker and possess the decisive leadership qualities needed to deliver strategic direction to organizations. I possess the ability to relay complex information in layman’s terms to all levels of stakeholders, ensuring proper communication across the organization. I have lead quality assurance and process improvement efforts, resulting in cost savings and increased efficiency.
For a more detailed presentation of my skills and background, please review the enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.