Television has now become an important part of our daily lives and if you are a kid, it’s going to be very hard for you to stop watching it. TV has many advantages and many parents also use TV as a substitute baby sitter to keep their loved ones busy watching their favorite cartoons or TV shows. A common question arises in minds of many people and that is what positive and negative impact of TV has and how watching TV affects your child.
If we talk about the positive points there are many, such as:-
- There are a lot of educational shows which air on TV. It is a proven fact that children learn better using audio-video method instead of the traditional teaching via books.
- Many research studies have shown that children who watch TV are less violent and perform well in tests and studies as compared to the ones who don’t watch TV.
- Children who watch educational and informative TV shows develop their brain skills faster and learn things easily as compared to the ones who don’t watch TV.
- The kids who are going to start their school life get better grades, value their studies when they reach high school and become less aggressive.
- TV is a great way to remove tiredness and fatigue. We all know kids love cartoons and according to studies, cartoons have a soothing and painkilling effect on children. It helps in removing all the tiredness and all the stress your kid is having from daily school work.
We know that there are both pros and cons of everything. We already have listed the positive points of TV and now we will share some negative points of TV with you.
- Children who lie under 2 years of age can’t get any benefit from watching TV shows. If they sit in front of TV, their time is only getting wasted as this time can be used for the development of their brain, letting them interact with other kids and playing with them.
- You need to teach some of the most important skills of life to your kids during the childhood phase such as creativity, language and social skills. If your kid is busy watching TV, there won’t be any time to teach him/her all these skills.
- According to a research, kids who are exposed to a lot of TV noise are not able to concentrate in daily activities and studies.
- Kids who watch a lot of TV daily are not able to pay attention to teachers and the lessons they are taught because they get accustomed to the fast paying scenes they watch on TV.
- If you kid is going to school, there are chances that he/she might watch cartoons instead of doing their homework.
Watching TV is very important if you are doing it the right way. Make sure you are around your kid when he/she watches TV so that you can tell them what is right to watch and what isn’t. We would love to hear your views about the importance of TV. Please use the comments section to connect with us.
- impact of television on children essay
- positive and negative effects of television
- good and bad effects of television essay
- positive and negative effects of television essay
- essay on television for kids
- essay on television does not have any positive impact on the child
- Essay on Influence of tv on children
- television does not have any positive impact on the child
- essay on impact of television on students
- impact of television essay
The television has become one item of a family's existence to such an extent that, now it cannot be brushed aside at this stage. It is a part of every home whether it is in an urban locality or the rural.
This mechanism has done a lot of service to man in every sphere of life. It helps educate young people, it provides entertainment sitting in the comfort of the home, and, above all, it tells all about things happening in and out of the country, throughout the world.
All this is wonderful and a great service to man but, at the same time, it also has a negative side to it, a negative impact on the society of the times. People have got so very engrossed in this TV and its wide variety of programmes that, no one, yes no one has any time to spare for even his next-door neighbor, leave aside the society at large.
When a TV programme is to be aired, people of all hues and colors get glued to their sitting rooms, no matter what may occur around them. They become absolutely unaware of their surroundings and are completely lost into the world of the television. This attitude makes them in turn, unsocial and confined to their homes unmindful of what goes on next door.
We rarely go to a party or a get together where people are not heard talking of having missed a television programme, and sulking for it. So much so that, programmes like the Ramayana and the Mahabharata made people even leave important appointments for, after all how could they afford to miss a serial.
With this change, socializing is becoming a rare pleasure, as all pleasures and entertainments are found at the foot of the 'Idiot Box'. This is a very bad impact of the TV on the social lives of our people. Besides the adults, even children prefer to watch a programme on the TV. Rather than enjoy a game of football or cricket.
This makes the children also bereft of their valuable sports, the exercise it involves, and the meeting with their peer group on the games field.
Thus this TV has a negative impact on both adults and children alike, in making them unsocial. My personal view is that, if we are not able to strike a balance between TV viewing and socializing, that day is not far when society as a whole, will be a lost entity and non-existent.
Everyone will live by himself, for himself just like the living beings of the animal world. We will that day not believe in the definition that man is a social animal, and, that day we may have to be satisfied by saying that man is just another animal and not a social animal.