Dear Ms. Richardson
I am writing to apply for the Retail Sales Assistant position with Clark’s Department Store. I have seven years of retail sales experience in various kinds of stores. In my current position as a Retail Sales Associate with Bair Apparel I provide customer service help women in the fitting room answer questions and ring up purchases daily.
I am familiar with all aspects of the retail industry including taking inventory and merchandising. My friendly personality puts customers at ease and can be attributed to my above average sales numbers. I am creative and detail oriented as well. I enjoy setting up displays and helping customers to put together ensembles and make choices that work for them. In previous employee reviews I have consistently been praised for my exemplary people skills and would love the opportunity to bring that expertise to the position of Retail Sales assistant in your store.
I am confident you will find me to be a first-rate candidate. I welcome you to contact me for a face to face meeting at a time that works for you as my availability can be flexible. I look forward to speaking with you and thank you for your consideration.
Retail Sales Assistant Cover Letter
Retail Sales Assistants provide support to customers and make sure they enjoy a pleasant shopping experience. This type of job is available in different locations, from local high street stores to supermarkets. The work of a Retail Sales Assistant includes duties such as approaching potential customers, helping people find items, solving complaints, arranging displays, collecting payment, explaining product features, maintaining stock amounts, and reporting to managers.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for the job, essential qualifications include:
- Selling skills
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities
- A friendly and confident manner
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Computer literacy
- Good numeracy skills
- Being able to work in shifts
Candidates interested in a Retail Sales Assistant position can check relevant skills and abilities in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Retail Sales Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Phillips:
If you are looking for an experienced, customer-oriented, and highly personable professional to join your team as your next Retail Sales Assistant, I urge you to review and consider my enclosed resume. I possess eleven dynamic years of experience in various retail sales positions, driving store profitability and customer loyalty through exceptional merchandising and customer service strategies, and I am prepared to put my background and skills to your benefit at Younique Boutique.
My expertise lies in identifying customer goals/needs, recommending products, organizing inventories and stock levels, and managing register operations in customer-centric retail environments. With strong inner motivation and sharp sales insight, I excel at implementing effective sales strategies and achieving outstanding levels of customer service, satisfaction, and retention.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Realizing a 35% increase in sales within first three weeks of hire as a Sales Assistant for Gumball Children’s Clothing through innovative visual merchandising initiatives and swift adoption of detailed product knowledge.
- Excelling in both consecutive and concurrent retail sales positions with Old Navy, Whole Foods, and Borders and continually earning praise from management, peers, and customers for superior communication and self-motivation abilities.
- Proven success in building and sustaining long-term customer relationships, maintaining high rates of customer loyalty and referral business.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing & Merchandising from Pittsburgh State University.
With my demonstrated experience in building strong customer relationships and achieving retail sales success, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Younique Boutique. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Stephanie B. Jordan