Nieve is the second-to-highest level Slayer master, behind Duradel. She is located in the Tree Gnome Stronghold, next to the Stronghold Slayer Cave near the magic trees and the southern bank. She only assigns tasks to players with a combat level of at least 85.
Nieve wields a Zamorakian hasta, full Bandos armour, an amulet of fury, a pirate's hook, an elysian spirit shield, and a fire cape. She has made an appearance with a cave kraken in Prifddinas during Old School RuneScape's first birthday event along with other NPCs.
Nieve is the solution to the medium anagram clue: I EVEN. The answer to her challenge is 2.
Nieve has many cousins, all of whom operate slayer task only areas, like her. Steve resides in the Asgarnia Ice Dungeon and controls the upper level in the Skeletal Wyvern area. Slieve and Eve operate out of the Taverley Dungeon, controlling the Black and Blue dragon areas, respectively. Lieve McCracken oversees Kraken Cove. Hieve runs a separate metal dragon area in the Brimhaven Dungeon, and is the older brother of Pieve and Steve. Lastly, Nieve's uncle Breive maintains the Smoke Devil Dungeon.
After Monkey Madness II, Steve moves to the Gnome Stronghold and takes over Nieve's role, and Pieve takes over Steve's role in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.
Monkey Madness IIEdit
In Monkey Madness II, she is recruited by the player to stop Glough and his experiments from running amok after his airship crashed north of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Nieve helps the player against the tortured gorillas invading the Stronghold.
After the 10th Squad secures the Stronghold, she, along with the player, pursue Glough in the Crash Site Cavern, where she assists the player in defeating Glough's tortured and demonic gorillas. She is ultimately killed by a mutated Glough when he knocks her back to a wall, causing a boulder to fall and crush her.
After the quest, her gravestone can be found between the small swamp and the Grand Tree's north-western entrance, next to the exit that leads to the Crash Site Cavern. Her gravestone also functions as the player's kill count for tortured and demonic gorillas. Her younger cousin, Steve, replaces her as the Slayer Master, and Pieve replaces her brother at the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.
Players can receive Slayer reward points for completing Slayer assignments—this is based on how many tasks players have accomplished in a row. Completion of a task assigned by Nieve will grant you:
- 12 Slayer points for every normal task
- 60 for every 10th
- 180 for every 50th
- 300 for every 100th
- 420 for every 250th
- 600 for every 1,000th
Completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary will increase the Slayer points awarded by Nieve to match those of Duradel (15 per task, 75 per 10th, 225 per 50th, 375 per 100th, 525 per 250th, and 750 per 1,000th).
Useful fairy ring codesEdit
|Monster Name||Amount||Combat Level||Slayer Exp||Slayer Level||Location||Task weight|
|Aberrant spectre||120-185||96||90||60||Slayer Tower (1st2nd floor[?]), Stronghold Slayer Cave||6|
|Abyssal demon||120-185||124||150||85||Slayer Tower, Abyssal Area, Catacombs of Kourend||9|
|Adamant dragon||3-7||338||325||1||Lithkren Vault||2|
|Ankou||50-90||75, 82, 86||70||1||Stronghold of Security (4th level), Stronghold Slayer Cave, Catacombs of Kourend, The Forgotten Cemetery||5|
|Aviansie||120-200||69, 71, 83, 89, 131||70-139||1||God Wars Dungeon, Wilderness God Wars Dungeon||6|
|Black demon||120-185||172||157.5||1||Edgeville Dungeon (in the Wilderness section), Taverley Dungeon, Brimhaven Dungeon, Catacombs of Kourend, Chasm of Fire||9|
|Black dragon||10-40||227||199.4||1||Taverley Dungeon, Evil Chicken's Lair, Lava Maze Dungeon||6|
|Bloodveld||120-185||76, 81||120||50||Slayer Tower, God Wars Dungeon, Stronghold Slayer Cave||9|
|Blue dragon||120-185||48, 111||50, 107.5||1||Taverley Dungeon, Heroes' Guild, Ogre Enclave||4|
|Brine rat||160-200||70||50||47||Brine Rat Cavern||3|
|Cave horror||120-185||80||55||58||Mos Le'Harmless Caves||5|
|Cave kraken||100-125||127||125||87||Kraken Cove||6|
|Dagannoth||120-185||74, 88, 90, 92, 303||70, 120||1||Lighthouse, Waterbirth Island Dungeon, Catacombs of Kourend||8|
|Dark beast||10-20||182||220||90||Mourner Tunnels, Catacombs of Kourend||5|
|Dust devil||120-185||93, 110||105||65||Smoke Dungeon, Catacombs of Kourend||6|
|Elves||60-90||90, 108||107.5||1||Elf Camp, Lletya, Mourner Tunnels||4|
|Fire giant||120-190||86||111||1||Waterfall Dungeon, Smoke Dungeon, Brimhaven Dungeon, Stronghold Slayer Cave, Catacombs of Kourend, Deep Wilderness Dungeon||9|
|Fossil Island Wyvern||20-60||139, 147, 152, 210||205 (spitting, taloned, long-tailed), 315 (ancient)||66 (spitting, taloned, long-tailed), 82 (ancient)||Wyvern Cave||5|
|Greater demon||120-185||92||87||1||Brimhaven Dungeon, Demonic Ruins, Lava Maze Dungeon, Entrana Dungeon, Ogre Enclave, Catacombs of Kourend, Chasm of Fire||7|
|Hellhound||120-185||122||116||1||Taverley Dungeon, Witchaven Dungeon, God Wars Dungeon, Stronghold Slayer Cave, Catacombs of Kourend, Wilderness Resource Area (surrounding area)||8|
|Iron dragon||25-60||189||173.2||1||Brimhaven Dungeon, Catacombs of Kourend||5|
|Kalphites||120-185||28, 85, 141||40, 90, 170||1||Kalphite Lair, Kalphite Cave||9|
|Kurask||120-185||106||97||70||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||3|
|Lizardmen||90-120||53, 62, 73, 150||Varies||1||Lizardman Canyon, Lizardman Settlement||8|
|Mithril dragon||4-9||304||273||1||Ancient Cavern||5|
|Nechryael||120-185||115||105||80||Slayer Tower, Catacombs of Kourend||7|
|Red dragon||30-80||152||143||1||Brimhaven Dungeon||5|
|Rune dragon||3-6||380||330||1||Lithkren Vault||2|
|Skeletal Wyvern||3-70||140||210||72||Asgarnian Ice Dungeon||5|
|Smoke devil||110-185||160||185||93||Smoke Devil Dungeon||7|
|Spiritual creatures||120-241||Varies||Varies||63 (rangers), 68 (warriors), 83 (mages)||God Wars Dungeon, Wilderness God Wars Dungeon||6|
|Steel dragon||30-110||246||220.4||1||Brimhaven Dungeon, Catacombs of Kourend||5|
|Troll||120-185||69, 71, 113||90, 150.5||1||Death Plateau, Rellekka (in a cave near to the entrance to Keldagrim), Troll Stronghold (west of Trollheim), Trollweiss Mountain, Jatizso, Neitiznot||6|
|Turoth||120-185||83, 85, 87, 89||76, 77, 81||55||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||3|
|TzHaar||130-200||22, 32, 45, 74, 85, 90, 103, 108, 133, 141, 149, 165, 180, 240, 250, 360, 370, 490, 702, 900, 1400||10, 20, 40, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, 25,000, 100,000||1||Mor Ul Rek, TzHaar Fight Cave, Inferno||10|
|Zygomite||10-25||74, 86, 109||65, 75, 154||57||Zanaris, Mushroom Forest (ancient)||2|
- ↑ 1.01.1Completion of Dragon Slayer II is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Watch the birdy ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points.
- ↑Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Like a boss ability via spending 200 Slayer reward points
- ↑The odds of getting a specific task from the boss category is much smaller than getting a normal task, since there are two rolls for that task: one roll for the boss task, and one roll for the specific task within the boss category.
- ↑Completion of Cabin Fever is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Completion of Horror from the Deep is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Starting Mourning's Ends Part II is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Starting the Desert Treasure quest is required to receive these as a task in order to access Smokey Well.
- ↑Starting Regicide is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Completion of Bone Voyage is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Only after paying 75 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them, in addition to gaining at least 5% favour with the Shayzien House. No favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑For lizardman shamans, 100% favour with the Shayzien House is required, but no favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- ↑Only after paying 80 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them. Also requires partial completion of Barbarian Training.
- ↑Only after paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑Completion of Contact! is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Completion of Death Plateau, in addition to level 60 in Strength or Agility, is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Partial completion of Lunar Diplomacy is required to receive these as a task.
- ↑Only after paying 100 Slayer reward points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ↑ 19.019.1Players may be given a chance to slay TzTok-Jad, giving 25,000 bonus Slayerexperience as well as any experience gained throughout the cave.
- ↑ 20.020.1Players may be given a chance to slay TzKal-Zuk, provided they have already killed it once before, giving 100,000 bonus Slayerexperience as well as any experience gained throughout the Inferno.
- ↑Completion of Lost City is required to receive these as a task.
Increased task numbersEdit
Main article: Slayer reward point#Extend
Unlocking abilities to increase your task numbers for certain Slayer monsters can be done by spending Slayer reward points from any Slayer master.
- Prior to an update on 17 September 2015, Nieve did not wield an Elysian spirit shield. In addition, her old examine text was shared with other Slayer masters, which was "She looks dangerous!"
- Originally, Nieve wore an onyx amulet. This was likely an oversight by the developers as it was later changed to an amulet of fury.
- Nieve's examine text implies that she purchased some or all of her equipment on the Grand Exchange.
- "Nieve" is an archaic Scottish term for a clenched fist. It also means "snow" in Spanish.
- Nieve seems to be very skilled; she wears some of the most powerful equipment available to players and guards the Stronghold Slayer Cave. Furthermore, she is able to telepathically communicate with players inside the cave, preventing them from attacking monsters outside of their slayer assignments. This suggests that she has a scrying pool or some sort to watch the entire dungeon. Most of the monsters in the cave are also not found around the local area, suggesting that she may have captured them.
- After completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary, the difference between Nieve and Duradel is that she assigns brine rats
A Slayer monster is a monster that can only be killed using the Slayer skill. All Slayer monsters require one or both of the following: a Slayer level above 1 or a piece of Slayer equipment (usually purchased from a Slayer Master). Some monsters can only be killed when on an assignment (e.g. cave krakens). Not all of them require special equipment.
- Some monsters have lower leveled substitutes that count toward the task. For a list of these, see Slayer substitutes.
List of Slayer monstersEdit
|Slayer Level||Icon||Monster Name||Combat Level(s)||HP/Slayer Exp||Slayer Equipment||Unique Drops||Location|
|5||Crawling Hand||8/12||16/19||None||Crawling hand, coloured gloves||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|7||Cave bug||6, 96||5/5, 95/93||None||None||Lumbridge Swamp Caves, Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon|
|10||Cave crawler||23||22||None||Bronze boots||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|15||Banshee||23||22||Earmuffs||Black/red Mystic gloves||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|Twisted Banshee||89||100||Catacombs of Kourend|
|17||Cave slime||23||25/25||None||Iron boots||Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|20||Rockslug||29||27||Bag of salt||White/gold Mystic gloves||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon and Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|22||Desert lizard||12/24/42||15/25/40||Ice cooler||White/gold Mystic boots||South of the Uzer and east across the river from Pollnivneach|
|25||Cockatrice||37||37||Mirror shield||White/gold Mystic boots, Cockatrice head, Iron boots||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|30||Pyrefiend||43||45||None||Steel boots||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|32||Mogre||60||48||Fishing explosive||Flippers/Mudskipper hat||Mudskipper Point|
|33||Harpie Bug Swarm||46||25||Lit bug lantern||Steel boots||Northern most beach of Karamja|
|35||Wall beast||49||105||Spiny helmet||White/gold Mystic hat||Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|37||Killerwatt||55||51||Insulated boots||None||Killerwatt Plane|
|39||Molanisk||51||52||Slayer bell||Mole claws||Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon|
|40||Basilisk||61||75||Mirror shield||White/gold Mystic hat, Basilisk head||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|40||Terror dog||100/110||85/89||None||Granite helm||Tarn's Lair|
|40||Sea snake||62, 90||50, 85||None||None||Miscellania and Etceteria Dungeon|
|42||Fever spider||49||40||Slayer gloves||None (they only drop kwuarm)||Braindeath Island, in the basement of the Pirates' Brewery|
|45||Infernal Mage||68||60||None||Black/red Mystic boots, Black/red Mystic hat||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|47||Brine rat||70||50||None||Brine sabre||Brine Rat Cavern|
|50||Bloodveld||76||120||None||Black boots||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|Mutated Bloodveld||123||170||Catacombs of Kourend|
|52||Jelly||78||75||None||Mithril boots||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Warped Jelly||112||140||Catacombs of Kourend|
|55||Turoth||83/85/87/89||76/77/79/81||Leaf-bladed spear/Broad arrows/Magic Dart (hence Slayer staff)||White/gold Mystic robe bottom||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|57||Mutated Zygomite||74,86||65,75||Fungicide spray||None||Zanaris|
|Ancient Zygomite||109||150||Fossil Island|
|58||Cave horror||80||55||Witchwood icon||Black mask||Mos Le'Harmless Caves|
|60||Aberrant spectre||96||90||Nosepeg||Black/red Mystic robe bottom, Lava battlestaff||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|Deviant spectre||169||190||Catacombs of Kourend|
|63||Spiritual ranger||115, 118, 122, 127||90||None||None||God Wars Dungeon|
|65||Dust devil||93||105||Facemask||Dragon chainbody||Smoke Dungeon west of Pollnivneach|
|66||Spitting Wyvern||146||200||Mind/Elemental/Dragonfire/Ancient wyvern shield||None||Wyvern Cave|
|68||Spiritual Warrior||115, 123, 125, 134||98-134||None||Rune halberd||God Wars Dungeon|
|70||Kurask||106||97||Leaf-bladed spear/Broad arrows/Magic Dart (hence Slayer staff)||White/gold Mystic robe top, Kurask head, Leaf-bladed battleaxe||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|72||Skeletal Wyvern||140||210||Mind/Elemental/Dragonfire/Ancient wyvern shield||Granite legs, Draconic visage, Dragon platelegs, Dragon plateskirt||Asgarnian Ice Caves|